Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Meal 6 of Slow Cooker cooking.




I have never fixed baked potatoes in a slow cooker before and I was amazingly surprised. I may never fix them any other way again!! They were moist and cooked to perfection.


I pricked the potatoes with a fork, rubbed olive oil on them and put some kosher salt on them. Then wrapped them in aluminum foil. Placed them in the slow cooker and cooked for about 3 hours on high, I thought they smelled like they were getting WELL done so I turned the slow cooker to low for 2 to 3  more hours. They were perfect. 


We all gave them 5 stars.

Served them with butter, sour cream, onions, cheese, and bacon.
Served asparagus spears on the side.

This was such an easy meal. I'm not sure how they would work if you needed to put them on early in the morning before work. However, 4 - 5 hours on high would work great for a Sunday lunch - or if you have the privilege of going home for lunch from work and put them on for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment